CareSpan EMR – Release Notes
Version 2.25.6 [2023-05-09]
• Can now capture whether medication for administering is provided by the clinic or patient.
• Will now only bill an encounter billed to insurance if the eligibility status is active.
• Appointment reminders can now be made with text messages.
• Added explanation for how to remove a referring clinician for a patient.
• Removed the ability for patients to modify insurance authentication information.
Version 2.22.6 [2023-03-08]
• HCPCS Long description is now displayed when entering J-codes for medication billing. HCPCS Long description includes billing units, to support entering the correct units administered for billing purposes.
• Consultation tabs now include Dermatology and Pain Management.
• Alert for authorization if the insurance verification transaction indicates prior authorization is required.
• Place of Service (POS) designation can be selected when scheduling. For locations where multiple POS designations are possible (Urgent Care vs Primary Care), POS can now be selected.
Version 2.20.86 [2023-02-15]
• Users can now type in any whole number as units when billing (previously it was a pulldown).
• Users can now type in free text when specifying medication as self-reported.
Version 2.4.5 [2022-12-07]
• Users can now order RPM devices from “Other Orders” in the Order Form.
• When paid with prompt pay, only ICDs can still be modified if still unbilled.
• In the Check in/out, we’ve removed “Previous Balance” so it can only be paid from take payment.
• Added warning pop-up if an encounter is chosen to be deleted if a payment has been collected or billed.
• Added clarification to Billing Status to differentiate between “Paid in Full” and “Billed”.
• Date of Service in an encounter will now default to start date of the appointment.
Version 2.4.4 [2022-11-08]
• Label added to refunds that will indicate an estimate as to how many business days it will take to complete.
• Added widget with a warning icon to show billing readiness for unbilled encounters.
• For some sections there is now a help/information icon showing a question mark. When clicked it will provide usage information.
Version 2.2.19 [2022-10-11]
• CCDA can be manually exported.
• Features were added to help clarify actions when “updating” or “adding new” insurance.
• When checking out patients, checkout features are pre-populated with selections made at Check-in.
Version 2.2.1 [2022-09-14]
• Added collection of referring provider for a patient from within the exam room.
• Redesign of patient pay option to allow easier pulldown selection.
• Added link to release notes in portal footer.
• Updated the “take payment” receipt.
• In E-Labs, fixed the showing of duplicate insurers.
• Fixed bug that would occasionally prevent inputting amount for prompt pay.
Version 2.1.40 [2022-08-16]
• Billing can now ingest Master AR transactions.
• Billing transactions will now properly refund amounts so that it will be allowed to be sent out again.
• Billing transactions can handle multi-clinic payments, so patient balances for multiple clinics can be viewed as under the same umbrella.
• CCDA exporting and processing has been enhanced.
• RPM updated to handle ingesting of Prevounce data.
• Added “close” button to Dashboard -> DoseSpot Notification
Version 2.0.3168 [2022-08-03]
• Billing reporting allows submitting of updated billing codes.
• Billing reporting now ensures billing provider is showing in report.
• Patient Info → Insurance – now allows ability to look up old insurance.
• Admin → Clinic Stats – now produces top CPT codes used per client.
• Insurance Verification will now show errors without having to scroll to the bottom.
• Admin → Encounter now allows ability to filter out test clinicians.
• Admin → Billable Readiness Status will now be tracked for accountability.
• Check in/out now will separate out primary insurance from past insurance with color coding.
• Check in/out now has drop downs for Secondary/Tertiary selections.
• Allergy function now has a “no known allergies” option.
• Healthrecord → Measurements will now show Date of Service if applicable.
• Fixed Medical Problems – to ensure problems are showing correctly after “unsigning”.
• Fixed Encounter → Billing Codes – to ensure ICDs after signing.
• Fixed Administered Meds → NDC – now is a required field.
Version 2.0.3084 [2012-07-20]
• Private Payer update now allows clinics to add private payer. During patient check out, you can click “Edit” → “Add Private Payer”. Note that when saved, you will be taken back to the dashboard but the user stays in the checkout.
• If a patient does not have insurance, the amount is now un-editable. Check in/out → No Insurance will no longer allow the amount to be editted.
• Multiple insurance validation allowed. When verifying insurance from the dashboard, you can verify all insurances. You can click on the warning triangle to see the insurance statuses.
• New interface for Transactions/Balances. When clicking Transactions, the new interface has a better layout, and if the clinic has DPC there is a tab for that. Note that you can switch to the old layout if you wish.
• Fixed Admin → Unsign encounter – to allow processing of more bills.
• Fixed Admin → Encounter billing status readiness – to allow processing of more bills.
• Fixed Patient → Insurance save function – now updates correctly.
• Improved Report → Private Payer – faster reporting.
• Fixed timeout when switching between clinics and performing elabs – now the selected clinic will use the correct elab account immediately.